This weekend I hosted a class on how to make Mixed Media Valentine Pin Cards - you can find the tut here. I also served up a yummy trifle dessert. I got this recipe from my wonderful Mother-In-Law and it truly is my absolute favorite – it’s very light and can be made to be fat free!
· 1 package of Angel Food Cake
· 2 boxes of *vanilla instant pudding
· 1 tub of *cool whip topping
· 1 Can of Comstock pie filling – strawberry and blackberry work best
· 1 package of frozen or fresh strawberries,
blackberries or blueberries or mixed fruit
· 1 Large Bowl or Desert Serving Dish
*These ingredients can be substituted with Fat Free versions
Step 1. Prepare Ingredients
· Follow the instructions to make instant pudding and set aside
· Thaw any frozen ingredients such as the cool whip and frozen fruit if necessary
· Break Angel Food up into small pieces
Step 2. Combine Ingredients
· Take half a portion of the angel food cake pieces and layer them into the bottom of the dish.
· Drizzle some of the juice from your Comstock fruit onto the angel food cake with a spoon.
· Add a half portion of both Comstock fruit and frozen fruit on top of angel food cake
· Add a half a portion of the pudding onto the fruit – smoothing out evenly with a spoon.
Step 3. Repeat Step 2
Step 4. Top with cool whip
Refrigerate until served – spoon out into into smaller bowls for individual servings.